Sunday, March 19, 2017

I want to know everything about my target audience for my magazine and all the genre conventions so I decided to look for more information. I knew a lot but I didn't know as much as I wanted to know. So instead of keeping it traditional and searching it up on Google I did it a different way. Well I work at grocery store, Publix. So when I am working on the register and I don't have any customers I have to go to the front of my line so people know I'm open. Instead of just standing there like I usually do I decided to look at all the different magazines on the racks. On the covers of most magazine , and not just fitness ones, there is usually a cover line with a number in it. The number is usually larger font than the rest of the title. The number being larger makes it stick out to the readers eye so that they are intrigued in the story. Other things I noticed was if it is a celebrity on the front cover they are most likely looking directly into the camera. I know that these tactics work because I was checking somebody out and she starts talking about one of the magazines and is so interested. She said "This is where I get all my celebrity gossip from."

No comments:

Post a Comment